20 Sep How to Tell When You Are Ready To Join a Professional Automotive Repair Program
Every budding professional requires technical training courses in their area of practice to sharpen their skills and get abreast of new technological developments and industry dynamics in their domain.
Philadelphia Technician Training Institute (PTTI) runs a comprehensive training program for automotive repair and maintenance wherein budding professionals looking to sharpen their skills in automotive repair can gain knowledge, both practical and theoretical.
This article shall help you understand the pre-requisites to this course, arrangements to be considered by each student as well as setting expectations from the course.
What Are The Pre-Requisites to Joining the Automotive Repair Course?
There is certain clarity in terms of amassing knowledge, chartering a career path and having the right kind of background & paperwork to pursue that same that comes as a prelude to this course. Here are some considerations in line with the same:
- An inclination to gain a deeper understanding of automotive anatomy and automotive repair & maintenance towards a career.
- Attach a professional course to the student’s already ongoing pursuit of establishing a career in automotive repair.
- Completion of high school diploma or an equivalent course.
- Possession of a Driver’s License.
- Holding a US Citizenship, legal resident or otherwise permitted under law to study in the United States of America.
In addition to the above, once the admission procedure begins for the student, there are certain qualifications in terms of the qualifying for admission. These include:
- Participate and qualify in the Personal Admission Interview.
- Achieve appropriate scores in the required aptitude and mathematics tests.
- Take the Wonderlic SLE Exam at the office of Philadelphia Technician Training Institute.
Philadelphia Technician Training Institute will evaluate the student’s aptitude, professional and academic background as well as their motivation to be part of this course. They should also be at least 18 years of age to qualify for admission for this course.
What to Expect from PTT’s Automotive Repair Course?
It is important for students joining this course to align their expectations with the course outline and outcome. Here are some of the broad outcomes and results a student can expect as key takeaways from this course:
- Becoming an expert in the total anatomy of automotive
- Understating the scope of repair in various parts of the automotive and mastering techniques to execute the same
- Troubleshooting routine and special maintenance issues in automotive
- Gaining comprehensive insight from instructors regarding industry dynamics and the automotive market at large
- Understanding the functioning and application of newer technologies in automotive repair
For a deeper understanding of the nuances of this course, approach the team at ptt.edu and understand the vast benefits that are awaiting you at the end of this academic program.