Concrete, Masonry and Framing / Carpentry Instructor
Full-Time – Permanent – 40 – Hours Per Week
Are you interested in sharing your skills and expertise with our students? PTTI is currently seeking experienced Concrete, Masonry & Framing Instructors to join our team. This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing school as we expand our programs.Prospective candidates must be experienced in concrete safety, blueprint reading, retrofits-add on, wall construction, floor construction, and drainage.Candidates must also be able to walk, sit, stand, bend, kneel, climb ladders and lift 20 pounds.Prior teaching experience is a bonus, but also desired.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Teach the depth and scope of class materials as outlined in the syllabus and catalog and relate it to careers and employer expectations.
- Develop hands on projects related to course material.
- Attend faculty meetings.
- Collaborate with other Instructors to ensure that lessons and materials are consistent for all shifts.
- Take students on field trips and develop neighborhood projects.
- Develop and administer exams.
- Track and report student grades.
- Monitor supplies and equipment needed for the program.
- Wear required uniform i.e., hard hats, steel toe boots, etc. and ensure that students are properly dressed and operating equipment safely.
- Attend facility meetings.
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- Able to perform classroom theory and hands-on shop instruction.
- Able to followand map out curriculum so that all materials are completed by the end of the program.
- Knowledge of and ability to apply relevant current education methodologies and techniques.
- Able to evaluate, design, and implement curriculum, testing, and/or teaching methodologies.
- Able to work effectively with diverse student and staff populations.
- Able to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Knowledge of teaching methods, curriculum, and education programs.
- Teaching and facilitation skills.
- Able control the behavior of students.
- Teaching: 2 years (Preferred)
- Masonry: 2 years (Preferred)
- blueprint reading: 2 year (Preferred)
- Framing: 2 year (Preferred)
Shifts: 7:30 AM – 3:30 PM, 11:30 AM – 7:30 PM, 2:30 PM – 10:00 PM
Please apply on Indeed: https://www.indeed.com/job/concrete-masonry-framing-carpentry-instructor-fd91ed01268a1aa6
For more information, please contact:
Margarette Golding, Operations Manager (267) 225-2044