Steam, Sprinkler & Pipe Fitter/Plumber Instructor
Full-Time – Permanent – 40 Hours Per Week
Are you interested in sharing your skills and expertise with our students? PTTI is currently seekingexperienced Piping Professionals to instruct our students. If you have experience with Steam, Sprinkler, Pipe Fitting, plumbing and/or Pipe Engineering, we want you to join our team. This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing school as we expand our programs.
Prospective candidates must be experienced in Pipe Welding Basics, Equipment Safety, Rigging, Pipe Fitting, Stress Relieving &Aligning, Pipe Accessories, and System Testing.Candidates must also be able to walk, sit, stand, bend, kneel, climb ladders and lift 20 pounds.
Prior teaching experience is a bonus.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Teach the depth and scope of class materials as outlined in the syllabus and catalog and relate it to careers and employer expectations.
- Develop hands on projects related to course material.
- Collaborate with other Instructors to ensure that lessons and materials are consistent for all shifts.
- Take students on field trips and develop neighborhood projects.
- Develop and administer exams.
- Track and report student grades.
- Monitor supplies and equipment needed for the program.
- Wear required uniform i.e., hard hats, steel toe boots, etc. and ensure that students are properly dressed and operating equipment safely.
- Attend facility meetings.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Desired:
- Ability to evaluate, design, and implement curriculum, testing, and/or teaching methodologies.
- Ability to work effectively with diverse populations.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Knowledge of teaching methods, curriculum, and education programs.
- Teaching and facilitation skills.
- Ability to teach and control the behavior of students.
- Pipe fitting: 2 years (Preferred) Steam fitting: 2 years (Preferred)
- Welding: 3 years (Preferred) Teaching: 1 year (Preferred)
Shifts: 7:30 AM – 3:30 PM, 11:30 AM – 7:30 PM, 2:30 PM – 10:00 PM
For more information, please contact:
Margarette Golding, Operations Manager (267) 225-2044